New month means a new Challenge Monday topic. This month we’ll be focusing on Summer Reading Programs. In week one, we want to learn more about the framework of your programs. Here are some questions to get you started.
- How long does your SRP run?
- What do you count? Pages? Hours? Books?
- Is your program online or paper-based?
- Do you have a program goal/complete level?
- How do you measure success?
- What kind of marketing do you do?
- How does outreach play a part in your SRP promotion?
- What ages/grades do you divide SRP participation based on?
- Has your library or school always done SRP this way? Why or why not?
- If you could change one thing about your library’s SRP, what would it be?
Leave your comments below or jump over to our facebook to join the discussion. We’ll be rounding up the major points at the end of the month.
Also, you may have noticed there are no questions about prizes. Fret not, we’re going to be focusing solely on that topic next week!